- Hydraulic Folding Wing Models expand plow width from 8' to either 12' or 16'.
- Independent Wing Control is featured on folding wing models with hydraulic relief protection.
- Low-Profile Coupler Design allows for unobstructed tailgate use and visibility.
- Easy Attach/Detach saves time for quick operation on 4WD, ¾-ton and 1-ton trucks.
“We’ve been very excited about the response to the DRAG PRO family of products,” said Jody Christy, vice president of BOSS Snowplow. “And true to our brand, we listened to customers over the first season who had ideas to improve performance in the field. We set to work to make the changes before the 2019 season, and they are now part of every newly manufactured DRAG PRO leaving the BOSS manufacturing plant today.”
DRAG PRO Changes for 2019
The 2019 enhancements include:
- Coupler Weldment: Structural changes were made to the lift cylinder mounting bracket and the X-brace hard stop to enhance product integrity.
- X-Brace Weldment: Bolt bearing surface area is increased with the addition of bushings to the inside the square tube section at each pivot location.
- DRAG PRO Wings: As setup of the DRAG PRO is critical to its performance, BOSS has released a setup video to support contractors with proper attachment, detachment and wing adjustment with this new product. They have also modified the coupler hook stops in the pushbeam to improve engagement and minimize rotation of the blade to keep the blade evenly in contact with the surface. To minimize play in the DRAG PRO wings caused by assembly variation, BOSS has increased the wing cylinder stroke and provided a positive urethane stop to hold wings to a true 90 degrees from the blade when fully retracted.
- Wing Relief Valve: DRAG PRO shear pins are intended to protect the plow wings, cylinder and hydraulic system. When a heavy load or immovable obstacle is struck, the wing cylinder will first dump over the hydraulic relief. Once the wing cylinder reaches the end of its stroke, the pin will shear to allow the wing to continue to rotate and protect the wing structure. Based on customer feedback, wing relief valves have been increased from 1,200 psi to 2,500 psi, preventing the wings from relieving too easily, thereby reducing the number of sheared bolt incidents.
BOSS Backs You Up
Not only are these changes implemented on the newly manufactured products, most enhancements will also be available to existing DRAG PRO products at no cost to the owners. DRAG PRO owners are encouraged to contact their local BOSS Dealer for more information, field updates and specific part replacements if needed.
Learn more about the BOSS DRAG PRO and intended uses of rear plows in The Snowplow Blogger post,DRAG PRO Rear Plow Intended Uses.
About BOSS Snowplow
BOSS Snowplow is a leader in the snow and ice management business with a growing line of plows for trucks, UTVs, and ATVs, salt and sand spreaders and box plows built for the snow and ice management professional, as well as the homeowner. All products are designed for ease of use, quality and durability. With a market competitive warranty, uncompromising quality and high level of craftsmanship, BOSS has grown to be a leader in the sales of truck mount plows. BOSS products are designed and manufactured in Iron Mountain, Michigan, in an approved ISO 9001:2015 registered facility. BOSS also recently acquired the Snowrator® brand, with production facilities in Windom, Minnesota. BOSS maintains a network of nearly 800 dealers worldwide. For more information on BOSS Snowplow call 800-286-4155 or visit the company’s website at www.bossplow.com.
About The Toro Company
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf maintenance, snow and ice management, landscape, rental and specialty construction equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. With sales of $2.6 billion in fiscal 2018, Toro’s global presence extends to more than 125 countries. Through constant innovation and caring relationships built on trust and integrity, Toro and its family of brands have built a legacy of excellence by helping customers care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties and agricultural operations. For more information, visit http://www.thetorocompany.com/.
IRON MOUNTAIN, Mich.
Iron Mountain, Michigan